De Crimpert Salm< Terug
Points of interest
The guild house "De Crimpert Salm", built in 1608. It has a beautiful Renaissance facade from 1608. It was the guild house of the Fish buyers' guild.
The name derives from cutting the live salmon up, the so-called "krimp" or shrink. By cutting into the fish, the muscles contracted and the backbone bent. This showed that the fish was very fresh. Salmon used to be plentiful in the rivers around Dordrecht.
- Type of building
- Building style of accommodation
- Year of construction
Sights, activities & experiences
- Type of monument
- commercial building
Locatie op kaart